After this pandemic, building your own DIY chicken coop is like reinvesting in your health insurance again. To avoid food crisis during the pandemic, this is really important to have your own firm for food production. Having chicken in your coop is entertainment. You can just sit, and watching them. They are very cool and kids love them too.
Summary of Contents
- 1 How To Build DIY Chicken Coop Plan.
- 2 The Mini Backyard Chicken Coop Design
- 3 How To Build DIY Chicken Coop Run?
- 4 Build Chicken Coop Automatic Door
- 5 Build Chicken Cope Automatic Watering System
- 6 Mistake In Plan For Chicken Coop
- 7 Best Chicken Breed Ideas For DIY Chicken Coop Plan
How To Build DIY Chicken Coop Plan.
I think the first question is, where are you going Yu to get your chickens from?
You can order them from online hatcheries or you can go yourself to pick them from hatcheries. Also, you can find a local breeder and collect your chicken from them.
The Mini Backyard Chicken Coop Design
You can build a small chicken coop in your garden or backyard. It can be for feet wide, six and a half feet deep, and five feet tall. You can walk in on this chicken coop design. It is not heavy so that it can be moved easily from one place to another place. Six to seven chickens can live in this chicken coop design. It has to be bigger if anyone wants to keep more chickens in their chicken coop.
How To Build DIY Chicken Coop Run?
If you want to make sure your chicken safety you must have to build a safe roaming area. You must have an upgrade fence around your chicken coop. So that predators like a hawk, wild cats, or wild dogs can’t eat your chicken.
Build Chicken Coop Automatic Door
You have to cope and uncope your chicken every morning and every evening. If you stuck somewhere far from your chicken coop or forget a chicken cope automatic door device can make sure chickens routine.
Build Chicken Cope Automatic Watering System
There are a few different chicken coop automatic systems. The most important one is an automatic watering system. It built from PVC and poultry nipples. The system can also collect rainwater during the rainy season and you don’t have to fill water. The chicken loves eating from the food tubes. There are some big automatic tubes you can use to feed your chicken.
Mistake In Plan For Chicken Coop
The major mistake coops owner do when they have to choose the right breed according to the regional climate. Some owners just select a certain breed for their beauty. You have to consider climate and do your research before building your chicken coop plan.
Best Chicken Breed Ideas For DIY Chicken Coop Plan
- Golden Comet- Generally starts laying at a younger age. This particular breed lays 250 brown eggs per year.
- Australop- It has numerous advantages. This breed has a good laying capacity of about 20 brown-colored eggs every year. They begin laying eggs when they are 22 weeks old.
- Rhode Island Red- If you build a small chicken house, this breed can adapt to any climate and produce over 250 brown eggs per year.
- Lohman Brown Classic- Most popular breed in the world. They can lay 300 large brown eggs every year.
- Ameraucana- They are famous for laying multicolored eggs. At the age of 25 weeks, you can expect about 250 eggs from them per year.
- White Leghorn- You have to keep them well-fed, hydrated, and warm. They can produce 280 white eggs per year. This is a productive chicken for a productive chicken coop plan.
In this covid19 situation, poultry farming and gardening will be the best way to use your time. If you like this article, check out how to grow plants in your small garden…