While installing your new bathroom remodel, you might have ran into the problem of removing a jet cover. If this happens to you, then don’t worry! This blog article will show you how to remove those pesky things without having to hire professional help.
How to Remove Jet Covers
The jet covers on your bathtub can be a nuisance and a safety hazard. Here’s how to remove them easily and safely.
1. Locate the screws that hold the jet covers in place. There are usually four of them, though some models may have more. If you can’t find the screws, they may have been removed during installation. In that case, you’ll need to get a replacement cover.
2. Remove the screws by hand or with a screwdriver that has a philips head (or another type of head that is suitable for screws). Be careful not to strip the screws or damage the cover.
3. Lift up the jet cover and set it aside in a safe place. You’ll now be able to see the bathtub liner beneath it.
4. If the liner is badly stained or scratched, you may want to replace it before proceeding. Otherwise, you can simply scrub off the old paint or wax with a toothbrush and harsh cleanser. Make sure to rinse off all the soap residue afterwards since it could cause corrosion on the new paint or wax if left on too long.
5. Apply a coat of primer to the entire surface of the liner using a paint brush. Try to get into all the nooks and crannies as you go about this step. You can use a high quality primer or a flat finish (such as Zinsser) if you have one available.
6. Once your primer is dry, apply a coat of high quality latex paint. Test in an inconspicuous spot before touching up any other areas so that you know the paint will adequately cover whatever spots are left behind on your old toilet seat cover. Have a look at the fruit decoration ideas.
Why Do My Jet Covers Need to Be Removed
Your bathtub jets are a fixture of your bathroom. But over time, they can also become unsightly and even dangerous. That’s why it’s important to remove your bathtub jet covers at least once a year and clean them if necessary. Here are some tips for doing just that:
1. Clean the Holes: Before you start removing the jet covers, make sure to clean the holes where they go into the tub. This will help prevent water from getting inside and causing damage. Use a small brush to remove any built-up soap residue or debris.
2. Use a Can Opener: If you don’t have a brush, you can use a can opener to pry the cover off of the holes in the tub. Be careful not to cut yourself on the sharp edges of the cover!
3. Remove the Cover One Piece at a Time: Once you have removed the cover from one of the holes, use a tool such as pliers or tongs to pull it off of the hole completely. Be sure to hold onto the corners so it doesn’t fall back into the tub! Repeat this process with each hole.
4. Inspect the Tub: Once you have removed all of the covers, inspect the tub to make sure there are no other leaks. If there are any, use a caulking gun to seal them. Caulk is a material that can be used to prevent water from coming in and causing damage. As you might imagine, it is not meant to be used with hot water!
What Materials Can I Use for Replacing the Jet Covers?
There are a few materials that can be used to replace your bathtub jet covers. The most popular of these is a vinyl membrane. This material is available in a variety of colors and can be easily installed by using a spray adhesive.
Another option is to use a silicone sealant. This material is water-resistant and can be applied with a brush or a sprayer. Once it has been applied, the sealant needs to dry for at least 24 hours before replacing the jet covers.
If you don’t have access to either of these materials, you can also try using an old towel or t-shirt as a replacement. Just be sure to cut the material to the correct size and shape before installing it on the jets. You can cut grass with scissors.
What Happens if I Leave the Jet Cover on the Tub?
If you leave the jet cover on your bathtub, it can become a tripping hazard. Not only is it a nuisance to have to remove the jet cover every time you take a bath, but it can also be dangerous if you fall and hit your head on it. If you’re using your bathtub for overflow purposes and don’t need the jet covers, it’s best to remove them. Here’s how:
1. Remove the screws that hold the jet covers in place.
2. Lift up the jet covers and discard them.
3. Clean any water or soap residue that may have accumulated on the surface of the tub.
Sometimes, it can be really tough to remove bathtub jet covers. If this is the case for you, we’ve got a few tips that should help you get them off without any trouble. First of all, make sure that you use the right tool for the job — an old toothbrush will usually do the trick. Secondly, try using a plunger or—if that doesn’t work—a bucket and some soapy water. And finally, if all else fails and you still can’t get your jet covers off, give us a call at our office and one of our experts will be more than happy to help!